REAR VIEW MIRROR COMPASS AND TEMP. GUAGE

2003 GMC C1500

Jesse Doebereiner

January, 22, 2009 AT 11:53 AM

Interior problem
2003 GMC C1500 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

I have AN 03 gmc sierra and im tryin to find out hot to fix the compass and temp. Guage in my rear view mirror. Ive checked all the fuses and there fine. Wondered if some one could help. Thank you
The compass and temp guage do not function at all.

brian 1

Is the temp and compass Inaccurate? Is the display inop?Need more info.

Jesse Doebereiner

Neither the compass or the temp. Guage work at all. Completelly inop.

brian 1

Check the SIR fuse in the underhood fuse block make sure its not blown, if its ok replace the rear view mirror, looking at the diagnostic if the screen is blank and the connections at the mirror are good replace the rear view mirror. Post back with what you find.

curtmerci

February, 23, 2009 AT 6:51 PM

I had the same problem on my 03 Sierra. Talked to a GM mechanic friend and he told me to check the wire harness under the pass. Seat for knicks or a cur wire from the pass seat being slid forward and back. Sounds crazy but low and behold I found a cut wire in that harness, spliced it and it fixed the compass/ temp readout in the rearview mirror. It's worth a look. Good luck

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Dynamat Door Installation