ENGINE STALLED OUT

2001 GMC C1500

elorodcamp7

July, 15, 2010 AT 3:18 PM

2001 GMC C1500 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 188000 miles

Hello my truck stalled out. In the past six years I have the powertrain fixed, the transmission replaced and when the truck was first bought the control panel in the truck replaced because it went out. My new problem is that my truck stalled out. My dad said to try and replace the fuel filter to see if that was the problem. The truck turns but not starting. When I get ready to turn truck on I can hear the pump come on so hoping that it is not the pump. I am really frustrated with my truck right now. Over $3000 in six years of repairs. Please help!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

July, 15, 2010 AT 3:24 PM

Hi elorodcamp7, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

The truck turns but not starting. Could be a fuel or spark problem-Do below and comeback with some testing results we start here

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it