1984 GMC C1500 hei distribitor 5.7l V-8

• 1 POST
  • 1984 GMC C1500

1984 GMC C1500 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

Tuned up the engine and it was running perfect. Not a shake or rumble. Took it for a test drive and it ran flawlessly. Got home, put it in park, let it idle a few minutes and reved it up. And it died as if I shut off the key. It has got fuel supply. I took out a plug and no spark. Tested posative lead to hei dist. And it has power. Replaced the coil/module and capacitor(condensor) and harness. Rechecked all the connections on the coil and all are good. No spark.
rechecked the coil spring connector(connects to rotor) and it was bent. Replaced with good one and made sure connection was good between that and rotor and coil. No spark. I am at a loss. A friend suggested there was a fuse behind dist. Nope. It has good power to the posative lead in to the coil. I even replaced the coil with a better quality one. Still nothing. HELP!

Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 5:05 PM

Check and test the distributor pick-up coil

Monday, March 22nd, 2010 AT 6:43 AM