1976 GMC C1500 She acts like a slug

BOOMING_IRON
  • 1976 GMC C1500
  • 550 MILES
I recently replaced the entire powertrain in my truck, to include axels so about the only thing left from 1976 is the body. 2 weeks ago upon completion of the re-instal I drove it around for about a week everything seemed to running out standing. I went out to start her the other morning the was no fuel in the filter>>> I cranked and cranked till she started with a little help from carb medic. I got the carb. Set finally (i think) and I think I may have a vacuum issue. When I put it in gear and take off she's loud and thunderous. Then she chokes like no tomorrow. Any ideas?
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 4:52 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs if okay check the initial choke opening and the fast idle cam adjustment, also the fuel filter-could also be the heat riser not opening or the diaphragm on the aircleaner housing is not opening
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 5:30 PM
BOOMING_IRON
I had a grounding issue with my fuel tank selector switch, go figure you remove a little bit of dirt and it all works fine.
Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 6:16 PM