CAR DIED AND WON'T START

1990 Geo Tracker

sherpat

October, 4, 2008 AT 9:09 PM

1990 Geo Tracker 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 83000 miles

Our GEO begin to be slow to crank and then one day it stalled and never would start again. It will crank over but not start. WE replaced the fuel filter and had the fuel pump checked to see if it worked, changed the fuel injector but it still will not start. If you poor gasoline directly into the carberator it will start briefly. If you pull the hose going into the carbrator the gas is flowing. Someone said we should check the inertia switch where is that located

izthewiz202

July, 27, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

I have the same problem. It will crank fine but not start. Fuel is getting to the carburetor. It will start when a shot of gas is poured into the top of the carburetor but only runs briefly. I have checked the ECM (it's fine), I have checked all of the fuses and relays and I have even replaced the whole carburetor with another but still not starting. Any suggestions?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe