CODE READER

1993 Geo Prizm

bobclarie

June, 1, 2007 AT 3:11 PM

Greetings,
I have a 1993 Geo Prizm 1.8L 4 door. 150K miles. Auto transmission. 2WD. I need a simple code reader. Unable to locate one. Can anyone help? According to EQUUS tech, their GM reader will not work.
Thanks,
Bob

dipweed23

July, 20, 2007 AT 1:14 AM

Unfortunately their is no code reader for this vehicle that I'm aware of. I gave my repair manual away when I sold my GEO, but all of the terminals on the diagnostic port are to perform a certian function, like turning on the fuel pump, engaging the AC compressor, hooking up a tach. Not for retrieveing diagnostic codes.

Penny 93 geo prizm

May, 9, 2012 AT 9:37 PM

?
Responed
unfortunately their is no code reader for this vehicle that I'm aware of. I gave my repair manual away when I sold my GEO, but all of the terminals on the diagnostic port are to perform a certain function, like turning on the fuel pump, engaging the AC compressor, hooking up a tach. Not for retrieving diagnostic codes.
My?
I have the repair manual. With that will it help? I had to replace the starter thing (also is the cap and rotor) all one piece. Replaced plugs and wires too. It was a used from a pull part place. And I need to have it diagnostic. She has no guts now and she spits putters and is costing lots in gas. What can I do?