SPEEDOMETER PROBLEMS

1994 Geo Prizm

jackcu

April, 22, 2010 AT 5:53 AM

1994 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

The speedo on my 1994 geo pirzm is reading incorrectly. I believe the problem is the speed sensor. I found what I believe to be the variable speed sensor on the transfer case. It has one small bolt that I removed but I found that it has two wires that run down into the transfer case and are connected to something in the case. Several questions here. Is this the varaible speed sensor or something like the knock sensor? It seems as though I can reach the rest of the vss thru the transmisson pan, is that true. I am even in close to the problem or should I be looking else where for my speedometer problem fixes. The sensor that I am refering to is on top the the transmission casedonw near the transmission mount.

Erratic Speedometer

Speedometer

bluelightnin6

April, 30, 2010 AT 10:35 PM

For an inaccurate speedo, checking the vehicle speed sensor is the correct way to go. a diagram is below of the location (left front of transaxle).

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2095.jpg

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement