1990 GEO PRIZM STARTER

• bsmith4647
  • 1990 Geo Prizm

1990 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

I have a good battery and new starter on the car, when you turn the ignition you get a clunk but starter will not spin. With the old starter I could bump it with a bar and it would crank. Now with new starter getting same results as old starter. Any suggestions.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 8:05 PM

• saturntech9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1990_geo_prism_starter_wire_diagram_1.jpg

First of all thank you very much for your donation.Do you have a test light or multimeter so we can trace power?

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM
  • bsmith4647

Yes I have a tester and starting to test this morning.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 AT 6:50 AM
  • saturntech9

I would make sure that your battery cable's are clean and tight. That your battery has more then 12 volt's in it then I would check and see that the black and red wire and the black wire to the starter both have battery voltage to the starter when the key is in the start position. If it does then you have a bad starter bad battery or a locked up engine.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 AT 11:23 AM