No power to the fuse panel

FRANK SWEENEY
  • 1995 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
Not getting any power to the fuse panel.
Friday, June 16th, 2017 AT 7:21 PM

Which fuse box? What engine size?

Check the connection where the positive battery wire bolts to the under-hood fuse box if that is the one that is dead.
Friday, June 16th, 2017 AT 9:57 PM
FRANK SWEENEY
It is the box inside the car. I think its a 3.3c.U.
Friday, June 16th, 2017 AT 11:04 PM
Rats. It is the one under the hood that is a common problem on all car brands.

The fuses inside are fed, in groups, from the larger fuses under the hood, so check those first. The large 30 and 40-amp spade-type fuses, (orange and green ones), have two test points on top. Use a test light to quickly check those. If you find twelve volts on both test points, that fuse is good. If you find zero volts on both sides, that circuit is turned off. You are looking for any fuse that has twelve volts on one test point and zero volts on the other one.

If those fuses are okay, check the smaller spade-type fuses in the inside fuse box the same way, and try to determine which fuses are dead and which ones do have twelve volts. Do that with the ignition switch in the "run" position. Based on your findings, I will look at the diagram for your engine and see what the dead fuses have in common.

What are the symptoms you are trying to solve, or which systems are dead?
+1
Friday, June 16th, 2017 AT 11:15 PM
FRANK SWEENEY
Well I will give you the long story. One day we turned the car off went back outside tried to start it and it just clicked got a jump drove home pulled in driveway and it just died. Tried to start no click no nothing. Batteries good starter is good per checking them. Started checking fuses and sees we are not getting power inside or out fuse boxes. That is where we are at. Thanks for your help.
+1
Saturday, June 17th, 2017 AT 12:38 AM
KEN

It sounds like your problem could be an ignition switch or a fusable link. Here are some wiring diagrams (below) and a guide to help you do some testing so you can get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken

+1
Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 11:01 AM
FRANK SWEENEY
Found the problem. Big black wire coming from out side fuse came loose from battery and felldown where I could see pulled on wires and there it popped up. Just little things like that drive me crazy. Thanks for your help Ken.
Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 1:51 PM
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers, Ken
Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 8:57 PM