Fuel system

MIKE&NAY
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
Before it quit, I had been driving along and it would act like it would not take gas, but it did not quite. Then it would just take right back off again, it has done this for a couple of months, finally it quit all the way and I put a fuel pump in it, but it will not start seems like it only pumps when it is cranking. Any ideas?
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:00 AM

SATURNTECH9
It will only pump while cranking and running. Have you checked for spark yet? Also have you tried squirting some carburetor spray in the throttle body to see if it starts?
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:20 AM
MIKE&NAY
Yes it starts, but it will not accelerate.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:24 AM
MIKE&NAY
By the way it is a throttle body.
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:26 AM
SATURNTECH9
I know it is. I said spray some carburetor spray in the throttle body. Have you checked for injector pulse yet with a noid light? Or what the actual fuel pressure is with a fuel pressure gauge?
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:32 AM
MIKE&NAY
No I have not yet, but I was going to check the fuel pressure today, how do I check the pulse and can I use a meter or text light.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:43 AM
SATURNTECH9
It is best to rent a noid light set from autozone. Then you just unplug the injectors connectors and plug the noid light and crank the engine and watch for a flashing noid light while cranking the engine. It is a lot harder with a test light and you cannot use a meter to test for the actual pulse. One side of the injector is power with the key in the run position and the other side is a on off ground pulse while cranking. I guess you could check the flashing ground with a test light.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:50 AM
MIKE&NAY
This is so cool, you guys definitely have a great site, I have been reading some of your other post and answers, it seems more personal and explicit than most of the other I have used, thanks.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:50 AM
SATURNTECH9
Glad you are enjoying are site we are here to help those in need with car problems.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:53 AM
MIKE&NAY
I am going to the garage in a few minutes and I will try running these tests and will be sure to let you know what comes out.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:53 AM
SATURNTECH9
Alright sounds good since you are new to the site I will give you a heads up. We do not always answer right back. We have jobs etc and do this in our spare time to help out those in need. Some of the moderators on here have more time then others. So they answer back faster. I just wanted you to know what to expect.
+1
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 8:57 AM
MIKE&NAY
Anything worth having is worth waiting for, thanks again.
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 9:02 AM
MIKE&NAY
Any thing worth having is worth waiting for, thanks again
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 9:02 AM
SATURNTECH9
You are welcome.
Saturday, May 21st, 2016 AT 9:05 AM