FUEL INJECTORS NOT FIRING.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse

jayms0118

May, 7, 2013 AT 9:45 AM

Just recently had my head resurfaced at a shop, I labeled all lines, vacuum and injector lines as well as electrical connectors, now that ive put everything back together I cant seem to get the injectors to fire. I took out cam shaft for new seal and one the cam itself theres a dowl which lines up with thew belt pully, do I need to correct this, can it be out of timing? I have spark at the plugs I checked that, all fuses are ok. When im cranking the engine it puffs alot niot smoke just the noise I also tried just pulling off fuel rail and seeing if the injectors are firing fuel they arent so im assuming thats my issue? Please help.

May, 7, 2013 AT 5:53 PM

If you did not time the motor you may have already bent valves from being out of time

start with a compression test

jayms0118

May, 8, 2013 AT 9:00 AM

I didnt think it needed to be timed due to the dowl which lines up the cam itself with the belt pulley. Whats the compression suppose to be at?

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8