Welcome to 2carPros.
First the fuel rail will need removed. Here are the directions for that. The attached pics correlate with the directions. Also, these directions include both removal and replacement.
REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
FUEL RAIL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT
An 8-digit identification number is stamped on the fuel rail. Refer to this number if servicing or part replacement is required.
1. Remove the engine fuel feed pipe from the fuel rail.
2. Relieve fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure.
CAUTION: In order to reduce the risk of fire and personal injury that may result from a fuel leak, always install the fuel injector O-rings in the proper position. If the upper and lower O-rings are different colors (black and brown), be sure to install the black O-ring in the upper position and the brown O-ring in the lower position on the fuel injector. The O-rings are the same size but are made of different materials.
NOTE: Cap the fittings and plug the holes when servicing the fuel system in order to prevent dirt and other contaminants from entering the open pipes and passages.
3. Remove the upper intake manifold.
4. Disconnect the main injector harness electrical connector.
5. Disconnect the main fuel injector electrical harness connector.
6. Pull up the lock release (2) of the fuel injector electrical connectors.
7. Depress the lock tabs (1) and disconnect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
8. Remove the fuel injector electrical wiring harness from the fuel rail.
9. Remove the fuel rail bolts.
10. Remove the fuel rail assembly.
11. Remove the fuel injector O-ring seal from the spray tip end of each injector.
12. Remove and discard O-rings if damaged.
1. Replace any damaged O-ring seals that were removed.
NOTE: Use care when servicing the fuel system components, especially the fuel injector electrical connectors, the fuel injector tips, and the injector O-rings. Plug the inlet and the outlet ports of the fuel rail in order to prevent contamination.
- Do not use compressed air to clean the fuel rail assembly as this may damage the fuel rail components.
- Do not immerse the fuel rail assembly in a solvent bath in order to prevent damage to the fuel rail assembly.
2. Lubricate the O-ring seals with clean engine oil.
3. Install the fuel rail assembly into the intake manifold. Tilt the fuel rail assembly slightly to install the injectors.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
4. Install the fuel rail bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 10 N.M (89 lb in).
5. Install the fuel injector electrical wiring harness to the fuel rail.
6. Connect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
7. Push the slide locks (2) into position.
8. Connect the main fuel injector electrical harness connector.
9. Install the fuel feed pipe to the fuel rail.
10. Install the upper intake manifold.
11. Connect the negative battery cable.
12. Inspect for fuel leaks with the following procedure:
1. Turn ON the ignition for 2 seconds.
2. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
3. Turn ON the ignition.
4. Inspect for fuel leaks.
Here are the directions for removing and replacing the injector. Make sure you lubricate the o-rings before you install them. The smallest nick will cause a leak. Often times, I will use vaseline.
FUEL INJECTOR REPLACEMENT
NOTE: Use care in removing the fuel injectors in order to prevent damage to the fuel injector electrical connector pins or the fuel injector nozzles. Do not immerse the fuel injector in any type of cleaner. The fuel injector is an electrical component and may be damaged by this cleaning method.
IMPORTANT: If the fuel injectors are found to be leaking, the engine oil may be contaminated with fuel.
1. Remove the fuel rail.
2. Remove the fuel injector retaining clip (1).
3. Remove the fuel injector (3) from the fuel rail.
4. Remove the fuel injector upper O-ring (2).
5. Remove the fuel injector lower O-ring (4).
1. The fuel injector assembly (1) is stamped with a part number identification (2).
IMPORTANT: Be sure to use the correct part number when ordering replacement fuel injectors.
2. Lubricate the new injector O-rings (2, 4) with clean engine oil.
3. Install the fuel injector upper O-ring (2).
4. Install the fuel injector lower O-ring (4).
5. Install the fuel injector (3) to the fuel rail.
6. Install the fuel injector retaining clip (1).
7. Install the fuel rail.
Let me know if this helps.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, May 18th, 2019 AT 9:40 PM