Front Struts and suspension components replacement instructions needed

SIXTY6GTO
  • 2011 SCION XB
I purchased two new KYB Super Struts quick struts and was wanting to get the procedures and torque values to do the job. Also, the other main reason for writing is I think it is possible that the bolts for the strut to the knuckle might have adjustable cams rather than just two bolts and two holes. This is my main concern before I go tearing into everything and the reason for the inquiry. I also plan to do the two outer tie rods, both lower ball joints, and stabilizer bushings to the frame and end links to the strut. So info to remove and torque these parts back would be helpful as well.
Thursday, April 14th, 2022 AT 10:18 PM

SEAN M

I have attached the complete strut replacement below for your reference. It includes the spring removal as well, but since you have quick struts, you can simply skip that part.
It does not appear to have adjustable bolts.

The instructions have all the torque specifications.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-suspension-strut-and-spring

Please let me know of any questions.
Thank you.
Thursday, April 14th, 2022 AT 10:52 PM
SIXTY6GTO
Hi Sean,

Thank you for the reference material to help me out. I really appreciate it. I am glad you clarified that the two bolts holding the strut to the knuckle are simple without any cams. For some reason I saw some misleading information about the bottom two strut bolts online. Your material clearly helps me out. As far as the two outer tie rod ends, both lower ball joints, stabilizer link ends, and stabilizer bushings to frame, I already have those parts and plan to replace them. Can you provide procedures and torque values for those items as well? Thanks in advance!
Friday, April 15th, 2022 AT 9:53 PM
SEAN M
See below for the torque specifications and instructions. The outer tie rod end instructions are not available, so you will just find the torque specifications.
Friday, April 15th, 2022 AT 10:47 PM

Sponsored links