Front axle/wheels noise

JAKEJA
  • 2010 NISSAN FRONTIER
When driving above 15 mph a rubbing noise begins coming from the front of my truck. It is rhythmic with the rotation of the wheels and quiets only slightly when turning. I replaced all my brakes and rotors in October, as well as my driver side front caliper (brand new). The noise started about 2-3 weeks ago and has gotten louder.
Saturday, December 21st, 2019 AT 1:40 PM

Hi,

Most times, a wheel bearing will change pitch when turning. For example, if you turn left and it gets quieter, normally it will be louder when you turn right. It has to do with weight distribution. Do you notice that? Is there any change when you apply brakes?

Let me know.
Saturday, December 21st, 2019 AT 11:58 PM
JAKEJA
No. The noise gets louder when I go straight. Turning tends to make it get quieter.
Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 AT 4:20 PM
That is interesting. Is it loud enough for you to record it and upload it for me to hear? As far as the noise, are you sure it isn't the tires are worn unevenly?

Let me know.

Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 AT 10:03 PM
JAKEJA
It would not be and I'm not sure. The best comparison to the noise is having one window down when driving on a highway.
Monday, December 30th, 2019 AT 4:21 PM
The only thing I can think of would be either a tire issue from wear or one of the wheel bearings. Nothing causes it to change pitch other than speed, correct?
Monday, December 30th, 2019 AT 11:23 PM

Sponsored links