Ok, that's a good idea.(But I think we found out what's going on ) however, we did check that when we replaced the plugs, wires, etc. We also checked cyl. Compression and resisitance readings on all the other injectors. Didn't do a flow test though. Everything came up ok. Believe me, we worked this puppy six ways. We ran every test we could think of.I thought we had it fixed, . It ran fine. No codes. For over 2 weeks. Then, one day the wife calls me at the store and says the "check engine light " was on again ! I asked her what she did. Of course "nothing" was the answer. Oh, she says, I put gas in it. Bingo.I opened the gas door and touched the gas cap. It was LOOSE ! I re-tightened the cap. The code cleared after 3 cycles.I loosened the cap. The code set again.I did this 4 times with the same results. Instead of setting an "emmissions" type code, the loose cap was causing the "301" code. We don't know why. Maybe an anomoly in the ECM programming. But it sure drove us nuts for awhile. The car has been fine since we found the problem with the cap. By the way, great site you guys got. Lots of interesting problems.
Tuesday, January 24th, 2006 AT 8:54 PM