Oil light reset?

TIM SOLE
  • 2000 FORD WINDSTAR
How do I reset change oil light? Can you please tell me I need to know so I can reset the oil change light
Thursday, February 5th, 2009 AT 11:53 AM

KEN
Here is how to reset the oil life indicator in your car (below)

Oil Life Reset:

NOTE:
The XXX's in the steps below represent a numeric value and displays the correct number in a percentage. For example, OIL LIFE = XXX% may display OIL LIFE = 45%.
Press and release the SETUP button until SYSTEM CHECK is displayed.
Press and release the SETUP button again to display OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW.
Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%. "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed.
Oil Life Start Value:

NOTE:
The oil life start value is used to reset the oil life value back to the maximum if the value was previously changed, or to lower the value by 10% increments down to 10%.
Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%.
Press and release the RESET button to lower the percentage by 10% (down to 10%) for each button press or return the value to 100%.

This video can help as well

https://youtu.be/I0Px5JoBdbA

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, November 11th, 2017 AT 5:08 PM