1999 Ford Windstar Shaking while at idle

ZEETROOP
  • 1999 FORD WINDSTAR
My 1999 Ford Windstar is shaking badly when it idles. I have had the car serviced for the following problems within the last year: New transmission, new plugs and wires, brakes, inner and outer arms, starter and the usual oil and filter changes. The service technicians say they are stumped about this problem and don't know how to fix it. There are no codes showing on anything. I did have a vacuum hose with a hole that was replaced but the problem continued. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 8:38 AM

LEGITIMATE007
There may still be another vacuum hose with a crack or it may be unhooked, usually the engine light will come on but not always, also, you can bring it to autozone and tell them that you have an intermittent engine light(goes on and off) and have them scan the computer for free, maybe we can get a trouble code out of it.
-1
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 11:22 AM
ZEETROOP
I was driving the van the other day and suddenly it began to make a grinding noise. I slowed down, then as I accelerated the noise begacame louder. Suddenly, I was just coasting. Giving it gas did nothing. I turned it off and started it again, nothing. The garage now is saying that my fly wheel is damaged along with a missing bolt from the "bolt pattern" that enables the engine and transmission to operate together. What do you guys think? I'm about at my wits end with this vehicle. I desperately need it to run for about another 18 months but I cannot afford to keep pouring money into it. I just don't have it. If I did, I'd get another vehicle!
Thanks for your previous input as well as any idea you might have for the new junk.
-1
Friday, August 22nd, 2008 AT 3:27 PM
LEGITIMATE007
That could possibly be the problem. If at all possible have someone else look at it too. It is allways better to get a second look, if you can
Thursday, August 28th, 2008 AT 6:58 AM