SPEEDOMETER

1994 Ford Truck

Terry P

May, 5, 2010 AT 9:50 AM

1994 Ford Truck V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 130.00 miles

I have a F Super duty truck 7.3 turbo diesel the speedometer stopped working and odometer doesn't show any display it is analog speedometer and digital odometer all the rest of the instruments work what should I look for is it on a separate fuse? I keep getting mixed answers if it has a cable or sensor I thought it was that at first but then I noticed the odometer display isn't showing any numbers at all but the rest of the gauges are working

racefan966

May, 5, 2010 AT 11:32 AM

Ok first off there is no cable to the speedo. It uses the ABS sensor on the top of the diff to send a signal to the cruise unit (if equiped) and then to the speedo. Here is a pic of the sensor on the top of the diff. If you have a digital multi meter we can run a couple of tests and check it first. Let me know what you want to do.

Sensor

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_551041_1.jpg

Terry P

May, 6, 2010 AT 6:46 PM

Yes I have a multimeter what would you like me to try?

racefan966

May, 7, 2010 AT 8:50 AM

Ok I also need to know if you have cruise control or not as this changes the tests and where we start. Thanks.

Terry P

May, 7, 2010 AT 9:40 AM

I do not have cruise control and another note nothing at all is on the odometer display no zeros all other gauges are working so there is power going to the the instrument panel

racefan966

May, 8, 2010 AT 9:14 AM

Ok first lets make sure that the signal is being sent for the module to read ok. I need you to unplug the speed sensor on the top of the diff. Then with your meter ohm across the terminals on the sensor, should read 190 to 250 ohms if not then sensor is bad. Let me know what you find and we will go through the wiring from there to the cluster ok.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Open Hood Video
Blend Door Actuator Replacement