1995 Ford Thunderbird air bags

BOYD
  • 1995 FORD THUNDERBIRD
Computer problem
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I am using the engine and tranny from a 95 thunderbird v-8 for a project vehicle. The airbags were deployed in the vehicle (VERY minor damage!) And now the vehicle will not power up at all. I assume this is an intentional cut-off of some type. Question is, what do I reset and where is it? By the way, the project is a '63 landcruiser fj-40. I will not be needing airbags for that.
Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 12:57 PM

JACK42
Ive never heard of that before, the SRS (air bags) and the engine management are two seperate systems. Look at teh fusible links at the battery/starter solenoid, there may be one or two burnt. Is there any power to the interior of the car (fuse panel)?
Sunday, July 20th, 2008 AT 8:37 AM
BOYD
Dome lites, door chime and gauges. I'm now wondering if this a factory anti theft system thats tripped. If so does that need to stay with the "brain" when I pull the motor?
Sunday, July 20th, 2008 AT 3:18 PM
JACK42
Pretty sure that is in the BCM, the PCM is for the engine. Just wouldnt crank?
Monday, July 21st, 2008 AT 7:31 AM

Sponsored links