I HAVE A 1992 FORD THUNDERBIRD AND EVERYTIME I ...

1992 Ford Thunderbird

browneyez8391

March, 9, 2006 AT 7:39 AM

I have a 1992 ford thunderbird and everytime I put my foot on the gas pedal while the engine is running the entire cars starts to vibrate really bad but stops when Itake my foot off the gas. Can you tell me what that might be caused by?

browneyez8391

March, 9, 2006 AT 7:41 AM

1992 ford thunderbird 5.0 2000.000 two hundred thousands miles on the engine

browneyez8391

March, 9, 2006 AT 7:44 AM

I have a 1992 ford thunderbird 5.0 two hundred thousands miles on the engine. Everytime I put my foot on the gs to accelerat my entire car starts to vibrate but stops when I take my foot off the gas. Can you tell me what might cause this?

gr8jeep

March, 14, 2006 AT 8:36 PM

I'm in no way a car expert but I think the first area I would look is to a possible broken engine mount, thats just a guess but its a start.

NOS

March, 15, 2006 AT 8:43 PM

It kinda sounds like you have a bad harmonic balancer which is located on the front of your engine mounted on the crankshaft if the rubbr is pushing out or there is a lot of shake it will caues the engine to shake. That is what balances the engine and shoiuld be replaced soon if that is the problem it could cause your crank to break if not addressed. Also sheck for vaccum leakes does your motor race a little at idel. If so you have a vaccumleak some where on the engine. Hope this helps ( NOS )