REPLACED WATER PUMP AND THERMOSTAT

1994 Ford Tempo

polarexpress

March, 30, 2010 AT 12:52 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

what is the best way to bleed or burp the cooling system? Had the water pump replaced as well as the thermostat, car ran great for two days and then it started to over heat. When the car is shut off you can hear a bubbling sound.

fixitmr

March, 30, 2010 AT 8:58 PM

What do you have for a temp indicator? Gauge or just an idiot light? Does your radiator cooling fan work? If your hearing bubbles it sounds like your gettin too hot? The bubbling should be coming out at/in radiator overflow bottle. If the fan works, is on when it shows hot, then you may have head gasket/head problems. As i've never had to bleed my tempos cooling system. Although the latest model I had was an 92. I just fill radiator, then water bottle then run till warm and then let cool. Radiator draws whatever extra it needs during cooldown. I then add back to bottle to bring up to proper level.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500