1993 FORD TEMPO HEAT/AC CONTROL

• Link00seven
  • 1993 Ford Tempo

Interior problem
1993 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

Hi all,

I need to get a replacement heater/AC control thing. I accidentally broke all my buttons that turn on the heat/AC (I don't know what it's technically called) and right now it's being held together with some tape and it's all messed up. What's the name of it (perhaps heater controls?), Where could I find it, and how would I install it?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 10:16 AM

• bluelightnin6

Hello and thanks for donating!

That is called the Heater / A/C Control Panel. You can search your local salvage yards and online at websites such as craigslist.com or ebay.com for a used control panel for your vehicle. Below are the replacement steps..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_1679.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname2_526.jpg

Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 10:33 AM
  • Link00seven

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I should clarify that it's not just the buttons that are all broke - the entire assembly is like pushed into the dash (it looks like somebody punched the climate control buttons and pushed them in). Would the above instructions still apply or does it become a much larger issue?

Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 10:40 AM
  • bluelightnin6

Yes, still the same. The control panel is the entire assembly that holds all of the heater / a/c controls, buttons etc.

Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 10:41 AM
  • Link00seven

I'll look into getting a replacement assembly then from a scrap yard or something and take it from there. I'll come back if I have additional questions. Thank you for the help and to your entire team here who've always been helpful when I post a thread.

Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 10:45 AM