Transmission replacement instructions please

BRICKWASHER
  • 2005 FORD TAURUS
I am trying to remove my transmission and need some help can I get instructions please?
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 9:09 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. I will have to send you 2 posts due to the sheer number of picture steps. This is page 1. Here is a tutorial for you to view showing how to remove a manual transmission which is similar.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/transmission-replacement-removal-manual

I've attached picture steps below showing how to remove the automatic transaxle on your car. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 AT 4:11 AM
LYNN COOKSEY
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS
Will a 2002 Ford Taurus transmission fit in a 2003 Ford Taurus?
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 AT 10:34 AM (Merged)
STEVE W.
Maybe. The Taurus was available with two transmissions in that generation. The AX4N/4F50N and the AX4S. The N version is the "common" transmission but the S version was used on some 2002 to 2003 cars. They do not interchange. If both transmissions are the N version they will work, if both are the S version they will interchange. There is a data plate on the transmission the N series is code X while the S version is code L.
JEFFDEAN
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS
Hello I am trying to remove the transmission from, a 2003 ford taurus and my instructions say to remove the sub frame but there are no instructions on how. Can you tell me how.
JGAROFALO
Here is a video that shows a front wheel drive transmission getting pulled out so you can see what you are in for and the diagrams below to show you what it is like for your car.

https://youtu.be/6N6b5F2ChyE

To remove the subframe, you must:

1) support the engine from above. This is important, as the entire powertrain is supported only by the subframe.
2) Remove the motor mount bolts from the studs. Remove the bolts that hold the side support for the transmission.
3) seperate the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles.
4) remove the steering rack mounting nuts from their studs.
5) Remove the catalytic converter and exhaust pipe assembly.
6) Disconnect the stabilizer bar links from the front struts.
7) remove any clips or brackets from the subframe that attach oil lines (power steering lines, trans cooler lines, etc.)
8) remove the bolts that hold the subframe to the body. When you remove these bolts, the subframe will tend to fall. Best to support it with blocks or stands.

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+4
FKHEAD
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
Which replacement parts in the car listed above se ohv sedan with an ax4s transmission require the removal of the transmission to get to/at?
KASEKENNY1
Here is a guide that will help with this:

https://youtu.be/3vJAojsrfuU

Plus below is the complete process on this which will give you all the detail that you need to complete this.

Please let us know what questions you have and we can go from there. Thanks
BRANDYMB
  • 2004 FORD TAURUS
We were just told to rebuilt the transmission but I need to take it out first can you help me?
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 AT 10:35 AM (Merged)
DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. I will have to send you 2 posts due to the sheer number of picture steps. This is page 1. Here is a tutorial for you to view showing how to remove a manual transmission which is similar:

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. I will have to send you 2 posts due to the sheer number of picture steps. This is page 2. I've attached picture steps below showing how to install the automatic transaxle on your car. Hope this helps and thanks again for using 2CarPros.
ENGLISH88
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS
I got the nuts off from the flywheel to torque converter. I can't get the transmission to separate as I'm pulling the motor. Any suggestions? Thank you Kenny.
Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 AT 1:55 PM (Merged)
KASEKENNY1
Thanks for getting a new post started. Are the studs on the torque converter still sticking through the flexplate?

If they are that is the issue.

Also, I am attaching the process from the manual as I guess it is possible that there is still a bolt in that is holding it in place.

If none of this helps, can you get some pictures or a video of what you are dealing with?

Sponsored links