CRANKS, BUT NO START

2001 Ford Taurus

maverickbx3

February, 6, 2007 AT 5:27 AM

I've got a 2001 ford taurus, the problem is that it will crank but no start 7/10 times I try to start it. I have noticed that when I do not hear the fuel pump activate before I attempt to start it it will not work at all. I have to turn my key forward and fiddle with it until I hear the fuel pump turn on, then it works everytime. However its starting be a lot more diffucult to get it to start everytime. Once started it works perfectly fine. Also occasionally my battery light will flicker on and off during the first 5 minutes that the car is on. I have changed my fuel pump relay and fuel pump fuse. I'm not great at all with cars so I apologize if this question doesn't make sense. I'm about to take it to a shop and want to know if its going to be a new fuel pump. Thanks for your help!

February, 6, 2007 AT 5:40 AM

Check the charging system-then try the ignition switch and have the fuel pressure check- before you change to a new pump

maverickbx3

February, 6, 2007 AT 7:21 AM

I know that an ignition switch isnt too expensive, could you please tell me what effect that has on my fuel pump? Like I said, im a car idiot. Thanks again!

February, 6, 2007 AT 1:52 PM

If the ignition switch is going bye-bye on and off it will create an ignition and fuel problem. Therfore No Start

check connection at fuel pump wire harness

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right