2001 Ford Taurus Car Smokes At Startup And Uses Alot of oil

• 2 POSTS
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS

2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 172000 miles

I recently had a valve job done and heads replaced. I took it back because of the smoking at start up and oil consumption they did a compression test and said it was 45 50 45 in the front three plugs. So they said it was my oil rings on my pistons. Can they tell that without taking anything apart. I think there scamming me because they did something wrong when they replaced the valves and heads. Oh they said thats what caused the rings to go bad the new valves and heads. Please help.

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 AT 5:11 PM

Hi jer_mel2000, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

What they should have done here is do an engine compression tests both wet and dry tests and follow it with a cylinder leakage test to rule out if its a valves or rings problem before they did the valve job. They scamming you big time-It shouldn't affect the rings with new valve job if its done correctly could be the rings all along-Go somewhere else-

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 AT 7:09 PM