WHERE TO FILL UP WITH R134A REFRIGERANT

2000 Ford Taurus

scottyho

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:07 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

Could you please tell me were to fill this car with R134a refrigerant. It stopped blowing cold air and I think this might be the problem. I hope you can give me some insight to this problem. Thank You Scotty

obxautomedic

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:15 PM

Hi Scotty,

To locate follow the A/C lines from the Compressor. You will be looking for a black plastic cap similar to a cap on a tire valve. There will also be one with a Blue cap. You will use the Black one to fill. It will be the smaller of the 2.

.

scottyho

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:27 PM

Can I over fill the R134a refrigerant? Thank you so much for your help.

obxautomedic

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:33 PM

Yes it is possible. But if you purchase a can that has a gauge with it you won't or shouldn't have any problems.

.

obxautomedic

April, 28, 2009 AT 3:38 PM

Also, if your A/C Compressor is kicking on and off every 3 - 5 seconds it should stay on after about 1/2 can. If it continues to kick on and off then it could be your Cycling Switch.

.

scottyho

April, 28, 2009 AT 5:32 PM

I have been looking for the right line to fill. There is not a blue cap that I can see. I do see two different black ones. Not sure if it is right? It is all the way up by the dash. It is a not easy to find. I have done this before on my Jeep grand Cherokee and it was easy to find. But this one is tough to locate. Any suggestions? Thank again.

obxautomedic

April, 28, 2009 AT 5:48 PM

One should be smaller than the other, that is the line you want to use to fill. And the A/C charge hose will only fit the low side connection.

.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement