2000 Ford Taurus reset computer and now there's a noise.

SANDYLOUWHOO
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
Ok, I just traded for this Taurus, and the guy told me the check engine light was on because the gas cap needed to be replaced. SO, I replaced the gas cap, and a friend reset the computer by unhooking the battery. Now there's a noise coming from where the vents blow air next to your feet. It sounds like a tape that's stuck in a tape player that keeps trying to flip sides. What the heck?
Friday, April 3rd, 2009 AT 10:15 AM

BMRFIXIT
Start and warm engine Turn heater fan on
try and change temp to highest and wait a bit and than go to coldest does the air temp change
goes the noise fade or go away at any time
Saturday, April 4th, 2009 AT 7:43 PM
SANDYLOUWHOO
Yes, I did what you said, started temp out at 90 and slowly worked my way down. At 74 degrees, the noise stopped. If I clicked back up to 75 it started again.
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 7:56 AM
BMRFIXIT
Its a defective blend door actuator
need to have it replaced
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 8:16 AM
SANDYLOUWHOO
Oh, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 8:47 AM
BMRFIXIT
NO problem
just let me know if you need any thing else
PS. Removing and replacing it
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 9:04 AM
SANDYLOUWHOO
Ok. I replaced the blend door actuator. And it worked - the noise stopped, and the air changed temp, etc. Then it started blowing only hot air, no matter what setting I had it on. I unplugged the battery, and added coolant. And it worked again. Now, it's back to only blowing hot air. The coolant is smack full, I couldn't add any more if my life depended on it. Any suggestions?
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 AT 2:21 PM
BMRFIXIT
ENTERING SELF-DIAGNOSTICS
Ensure in-car temperature is 40-90 F (4-32 C) as false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed. Simultaneously depress OFF and FLOOR buttons, then press AUTO button within 2 seconds. The display will show a dashed line in center of Integrated Control Panel (ICP) display window for up to 30 seconds while self-test is running. Record all DTCs displayed.
If DTCs are displayed, perform test indicated. If no DTCs are displayed, diagnose by symptom.
Self-diagnostics are complete when 888 is displayed in center of ICP display window. Self-diagnostics can be initiated at any time with the resulting DTCs being displayed. Normal system operation is stopped when system is in self-diagnostic mode.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 AT 9:20 PM
SANDYLOUWHOO
OK, I did the self diagnostics tests, and the codes being displayed are 025 and 051.
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 AT 12:02 AM
BMRFIXIT
Sunload Temperature Sensor Open
Blend Door Failure
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 AT 6:24 AM