It could be one of a couple of things. I have attached information on how you can perform a diagnostic check. Then if you still need our assistance please get back with us.
Also, please go to Auto Zone or O'Reilly's and for free they can pull the codes to the car. Most important. Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for free also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.
Extracting and Clearing Codes (Self-Test Diagnostics)
WARNING: THIS TEST IS A KEY ON ENGINE OFF (KOEO) TEST ONLY THAT IS CONDUCTED IN PARK ONLY WITH EMERGENCY BRAKE FULLY ENGAGED.
1. Enter Self-Test Diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, ensuring engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST, and SET/ACCEL. IF THE "ON" SWITCH IS NOT DEPRESSED WITHIN 5 SECONDS AFTER ENTERING THE DIAGNOSTICS MODE, THE MODULE TIMES OUT AND THE PROCEDURE MUST BE STARTED OVER. The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the STATIC test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective. If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
" 2 Flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied.
" 3 Flashes - Deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
" 4 Flashes - Vehicle speed out of range.
4. Immediately after the static test has passed, the speed control servo will then perform a dynamic test automatically by actuating the throttle lever from 1 mm to 10 mm of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of actuator cable, proper connection of actuator cable to throttle lever, and ensure throttle returns back to idle position. If improper connection and/or binding or sticking of actuator is observed, go to Symptom Chart. See: Symptom Chart
5. Return ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to Symptom Chart. See: Symptom Chart
Tuesday, November 4th, 2008 AT 9:55 PM