INTERIOR DOME LIGHT STAYS ON

1998 Ford Taurus

jojoherman

1998 Ford Taurus Front Wheel Drive 197500 miles

have 1998 ford taurus - interior dome light stays on & dash indicator says there are door open when there is not - this only happens sometimes - only door that is used alot is driver's side (other doors rarely used) 1 person vehicle - Why is this happening & will it kill my battery - how can I fix it

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

truckownerneedshelp

From what I've read here and there, the dome light is controlled by switches in the door. You could have a faulty switch in one of your doors, or one of the wires could be grounding out.

I can tell you from my own experience, what happened to me was, there was something stuck in the slot where the door closes to. It was just a small plastic circle, but it stopped the door from closing as it should.

Before you test the switches for your doors, maybe you can take a flashlight and see if something is stuck anywhere.

truckownerneedshelp

P.S. Before I found the plastic stuck in the opening, I just pulled the light bulbs out of the dome light. Your battery and possibly your alternator will wear down if you don't do something.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement