1998 Ford Taurus interior dome light stays on

JOJOHERMAN
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS

1998 Ford Taurus Front Wheel Drive 197500 miles

have 1998 ford taurus - interior dome light stays on & dash indicator says there are door open when there is not - this only happens sometimes - only door that is used alot is driver's side (other doors rarely used) 1 person vehicle - Why is this happening & will it kill my battery - how can I fix it

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 AT 5:02 PM

TRUCKOWNERNEEDSHELP

From what I've read here and there, the dome light is controlled by switches in the door. You could have a faulty switch in one of your doors, or one of the wires could be grounding out.

I can tell you from my own experience, what happened to me was, there was something stuck in the slot where the door closes to. It was just a small plastic circle, but it stopped the door from closing as it should.

Before you test the switches for your doors, maybe you can take a flashlight and see if something is stuck anywhere.

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 AT 5:30 PM
TRUCKOWNERNEEDSHELP

P.S. Before I found the plastic stuck in the opening, I just pulled the light bulbs out of the dome light. Your battery and possibly your alternator will wear down if you don't do something.

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 AT 5:33 PM