1997 Ford Taurus radiator replacment

RCKO
  • 1997 FORD TAURUS
My stupid son just trashed the radiator in our taurus coming out of a parking lot, how do you replace it
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 6:56 PM

BLACKOP555
How he trash it? Need to know that way I can expect whats gonna be happenigng to get it out.
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 7:23 PM
RCKO
As he was leaving the parking lot he hit a dip in the approach and now the lower left side of the radiator from the frontof the car is leaking and all the fluid is gone I am assuming the tank has suffered major damage.I have done a visual on the car and it looks like the front body assembly has to come off or maybe it is removed from the bottom? I am old school on turning wrenches on cars but this car you can not even see the radiator except thru the grill. I just need to know if I can handle this or not? Thanks
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 7:34 PM
BLACKOP555
3.0l ohv engine vin 1, 2 or U?

Or is it a 3.0l or 3.4l dohc engine vin N?
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 8:02 PM
RCKO
I will just take it to the shop tomorrow, it is a DOHC motor. I do not have the VIN in front of me.
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 8:24 PM
BLACKOP555
Why take it in, I have the information for you right here, just those two differnt set ups are copmletely different!
Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 AT 6:44 PM
BLACKOP555
Heres the steps just in case you want to do it yourself.

Remove battery, then the battery tray.

Then remove constant control relay clip so you can pivot relay module to the side.

Next remove radiator cap and hoist vehicle up on a lift after that is done remove splash shield and drain radiator.

Remove radiator mounting bracket and lower radiator hose.

Remove upper radiator hose and overflow tube.

Then remove upper ac condensor coil and transmission oil cooler tube.

Then remove lower transmission oil tube using a 3/8 inch fuel line disconnect tool.

Remove lower transmission coil tube clip and remove tube with 3/8 inch fuel line disconnect tool.

Next remove the transmission oil coller bracket and postion aside, remove lower ac condesor bolt and positoin aside.

Finally remove radiator support bracket and remove radiator.
Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 AT 6:50 PM