STARTING ENGINE

2003 Ford Station Wagon

Joe Palesch

July, 15, 2010 AT 8:15 AM

Computer problem
2003 Ford Station Wagon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180, 00 miles

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus station wagon. On several occassions I have tried to start the car after driving or even after it has been sitting overnite, but all I get when I turn the key is nothing. No engine light comes on, no cranking, completely dead. I then disconnect the battery cable and wait 30 seconds, re connect the cable and it starts like nothing happened. Is this unique to this car?

Thanks, Joe

mhpautos

July, 15, 2010 AT 4:46 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

I would start by having a very close look at the battery terminals, are they corroded at all? How do the battery posts look? Any sign of pitting? It may be a case of the terminals not making a good contact, they may look and feel tight, but if they must fit sung and have a good area of contact, if in doubt replace the terminals, I would start here.

Joe Palesch

July, 16, 2010 AT 7:56 AM

I have already changed the contacts terminals. There is no corrosion at all, no sign of pitting either. Could a loose wire somewhere in the engine dept cause a short.

mhpautos

July, 16, 2010 AT 8:28 AM

Check the earth cable where it bolts to the engine, check the main power cable at the starter.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Air Filter Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Ford Explorer
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L