2003 FORD STATION WAGON STARTING ENGINE

• Joe Palesch
  • 2003 Ford Station Wagon

Computer problem
2003 Ford Station Wagon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180, 00 miles

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus station wagon. On several occassions I have tried to start the car after driving or even after it has been sitting overnite, but all I get when I turn the key is nothing. No engine light comes on, no cranking, completely dead. I then disconnect the battery cable and wait 30 seconds, re connect the cable and it starts like nothing happened. Is this unique to this car?

Thanks, Joe

Thursday, July 15th, 2010 AT 8:15 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

I would start by having a very close look at the battery terminals, are they corroded at all? How do the battery posts look? Any sign of pitting? It may be a case of the terminals not making a good contact, they may look and feel tight, but if they must fit sung and have a good area of contact, if in doubt replace the terminals, I would start here.

Thursday, July 15th, 2010 AT 4:46 PM
  • Joe Palesch

I have already changed the contacts terminals. There is no corrosion at all, no sign of pitting either. Could a loose wire somewhere in the engine dept cause a short.

Friday, July 16th, 2010 AT 7:56 AM
  • mhpautos

Check the earth cable where it bolts to the engine, check the main power cable at the starter.

Friday, July 16th, 2010 AT 8:28 AM