99 76K 4CYL WIPRES STUCK IN THE UP POSITION

1999 Ford Ranger

Tomwranger99

February, 15, 2007 AT 7:58 AM

This morning when it was real cold the wipers stuck to the windshield when I broke them free they stuck in the up position. Any ideas would be helpful.

TaurusWheel

February, 15, 2007 AT 7:11 PM

Did you turn the wipers on while they were stuck, I'm assuming frozen, to the windshield? Now they stop in the up position, or are they not working at all now?

TaurusWheel

February, 15, 2007 AT 7:28 PM

Ford wiper systems are prone to parking-switch burnout whenever the wiper blades are held in place, cannot move, by any reason. Most common are blades frozen to the windshield. Up here in the northeast, it's not uncommon to see Ford products, I'm talking all makes and models, I've seen Lincolns, driving around with the wipers like 1 2 down the windshield or up in the top position. This was a problem at least starting with the multiple intermittent speed wiper systems. There is no easy repair available, solution is to replace the wiper motor because the parking circuitry is pretty involved as to reversing voltages and such, to pull the blades into the parking position.

Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML