2005 Ford Ranger clutch noise

JIM JOHNSTON
  • 2005 FORD RANGER
Noises problem
2005 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Manual 26000 miles

in cool and or damp weather, the clutch makes a squeaking noise when I let the clutch pedal out(engage clutch) seems to go away when weather warms up.
Dealer says it is the nature of the beast and that it is a spring noise. Does not sound like a spring noise. More like a clutch slipping noise. The clutch behaves perfectly normal othewise. Any thoughts?

thank you,
jim johnston
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 12:08 PM

JAMES W.
Can you tell if the squeak is coming from under the dash, or under the body? My first thought is to shoot the linkage with a spray lube of a type. The only thing in the bell housing that would squeak would be the throwout bearing sliding on the nose of the trans input shaft. Please advise.
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 3:41 PM
JIM JOHNSTON
I think the noise is coming from under the truck, rather than onder the dash.
Thank you,

jim
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 7:55 PM
JAMES W.
It could be a spring in the clutch or again, the throwout bearing on the nose shaft. I would crawl underneath and see if you can pinpoint the noise while someone works the clutch.
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 8:10 PM