2003 FORD RANGER FUEL FILTER REMOVAL

• grifter1959
  • 2003 Ford Ranger

2003 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98,000 miles

I tried using the removal tools to remove fuel filter but noticed I can only remove 2 lines and the 3rd line is to close to the filter housing to get the tool under it. Is there a special tool for that one line? Any help would be appreciated since I have not changed this filter since I own this tru new.

Friday, June 12th, 2009 AT 10:13 PM

• donovancam

Removing the fuel lines from the filter DOES require a special tool. I made the mistake of buying the universal AC/Fuel line tool - this will not fit the fuel filter. There is another tool - small plastic ring remover available in a couple of sizes. Find the right size for the fuel line connector and use this instead, it should fit over the stem between the connector and filter. The scissor-like aluminum universal tool does not fit.

If you accidentally break the connector, an aftermarket one can be found - but it will take A LOT of searching and will most likely have to be ordered.

Saturday, June 13th, 2009 AT 9:04 AM