2002 Ford Ranger No brake lights

WFMKSM
  • 2002 FORD RANGER
Hi, I all of a sudden do not have brake lights, hazard lights or turn signals. After reading your, and several other, web sites I checked and changed the fuses beside my dash, under my hood and the whole turn signal handle assembly thingy. None of these fixed my problem. I still have head lights, tail lights, back up lights and the third brake light still works. After replacing the third set of fuses buried up under my dash still no solution. A friend who works on airplane engines for a living suggested it is a grounding issue as one of the fuses we replaced way up under the dash burned out immediately but did allow the hazard lights to come on and stay on without blinking. I dont have the funds to take this to the dealer so any other suggestions? Help! A girls really got to have brake lights and turn signals in Reno traffic.
Monday, July 21st, 2008 AT 11:56 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Your gonna have to check all of the bulbs, brake bulbs have two fillaments, all it takes is just one of those fillaments to be broken and it can throw off the whole system, also check the blinker fuse and brake light switch, some of these items use the same grounds, and if one is bad, then it will cause the others on that ground to be bad or not work
-1
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 7:15 AM