LOW GAS MILEAGE

2002 Ford Ranger

vision16

Other Category problem
2002 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50,000 miles

the ford dealership replaced my injectors and updated truck computer. The truck runs fine but I am getting on the average 7 miles per gallon less. What things would cause this?I need more information before I bring truck back to dealership.
Jeff Sisco
honolulu96817@hotmail. Com

vision16

The truck was still under warranty when I brought it in. It would run bad once in a while so I asked them to check it out. They said I had to replace the injectors.I went to another web site and they told me the following.
1)Check to see if battery was disconnected so the computer can adjust to new injectors.
2)Injector(s) might be leaking.I need to have feul pressure leakdown test down to see if I have leaky injestor(s).
What other things should I check for low gas mileage?

vision16

January, 20, 2008 AT 1:40 AM

I havent had any modifications or work done on the the truck since the injectors installed. But its been more than 12 months.I had a company van I used most of the time and only drove the truck short distances on the weekends.I will talk to the dealer
and see what they say.