2002 Ford Ranger Blower motor-blowing fuses

• 1 POST
  • 2002 FORD RANGER

2002 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

Ok, so the heat and air conditioning worked on this truck worked when I bought it. Here recently both the the heat and air went out. I found the fuse on the interior fuse panel. (10amps) I replaced the fuse. Everything worked for a couple days, then the same fuse blew again. Now it blows 10amps fuses with in minutes of me changing them. I replaced the blower motor and replace and put a 15amp fuse in. Again, everything worked for a little while. Then when I started the truck this morning it blew the 15amp fuse as soon as the truck started. How do I fix this problem? Need air!

Monday, June 7th, 2010 AT 12:01 PM

First, don't change the fuse size from what the manufacturer had originally. It could cause a fire.

You have a short at some point. Start at the blower motor (which is new) and work your way back to the switch. In the process, check for continunity with high resistance, check the blower motor resister and the relay. Also, make sure the motor has a good ground.

Let me know what you find.

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 AT 2:05 PM