Windshield wiper

NEWHAR33
  • 1997 FORD RANGER
Four cylinder two wheel drive manual 135,000 miles.

My Grandson and I have purchased and have been working on the truck listed above project, for a wiper switch it has a button someone has mounted on the dash connecting power to the wiper motor. When you turn it on you have high speed wipers only, no Low speed, windshield washers or variable speed. This is a multi-function switch. The headlight dimmer and turn signal part of the multi-function switch is working, and as mentioned the wiper motor is working when the jumper is attached to the high speed wire. I have not checked the washer motor yet. Can you tell me which fuses and relays I should check for the wiper's, and there location? Also, does someone have an electrical wiring schematic diagram for the wipers? Thank's
Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 AT 10:10 PM

DAVE H
Fuse number sixteen in under dash fuse box.

Wiper Hi-Lo relay, in engine compartment fuse/relay box.
Wiper Run/Park relay, in engine compartment fuse/relay box.
+5
Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 AT 10:24 PM
DF12345
I have the same problem relays are bad and I used to have to pull the dash fuse in and out for it to work now it does not work at all. I put a new fuse bin and still nothing. Motor and wash works. I need a wire diagram how can I get this or what wires should I test? Need help asap! Please
-1
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 AT 9:58 AM