TEMPERATURE CONTROL

1997 Ford Ranger

dutch1685

October, 5, 2008 AT 7:46 PM

Heater problem
1997 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 131000 miles

1997 Ford Ranger. My temperature adjustment control does not work. When I use the heater, it only goes full on or full off. My A/C dos not work in the A/C mode, only on MAX A/C and also like the heater, it only operates on full on or full off. I took it to a ford dealer and they said $550 to fix temp blender motor and if there was a crack in the housing, it might cost an additional $1100! So are they on the right track or is it something more simple that I can replace myself like the reostat behind the temp control knob in the middle of the control panel? If it is that expensive or complicated a fix, I will live with on/off for both A/C and heater and vary by adjusting fan speed only! Thank you.

BMRFIXIT

October, 6, 2008 AT 6:41 AM

If you can control the temp from hot to cold then the blend door is OK
if its the fan speed that work only on full MAX
then you need a blower motor speed resister

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic_9.jpg

dutch1685

October, 6, 2008 AT 1:21 PM

My fan works on all speeds, wether on MAX A/C or HEAT. I cannot control the temp in heat or in A/C via the thermostat knob.

BMRFIXIT

October, 6, 2008 AT 5:49 PM

Very common is what you see in the picture above door actuator no good

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement