BATTERY NOT HOLDING CHARGE

1995 Ford Ranger

tremor002000

January, 19, 2009 AT 5:52 AM

1995 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 187800 miles

I returned back to my truck after having it parked for 2 weeks to find it wouldn't start. I wasn't terribly surprised since it had been so cold. I had no problems with it before parking it. We jumped it off and the voltage needle jumped up and down rapidly. Got it home and left it running with everything off for about 45 min then shut it off and it wouldn't refire. The next morning I put it on the charger. That afternoon it still wouldn't start. Jumped it off and took it to where I bought my battery and was told it was the alternator. Have had that load tested and is fine. When I try to start it I sometimes lose everything inside the truck for a while. Then I will get this clicking coming from the fuse panel inside the truck.

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

rangerdanger17

Check battery connections take them off and clean only the areas the that must connect for electricty if that doesnt fix it have you battery tested (advance auto) make sure to check all your wires around solenoid starter to make sure nothing is draining the battery

i think it is a combination of both a bad wire draining it and a bad battery check all your fuses under the hood and the the dash

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Alternator testing done right