1994 Ford Ranger pulls to the right

• 3 POSTS
  • 1994 FORD RANGER

Steering problem
1994 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

When driving it tends to pull to the right. Fyi. We already changed the brakes, balenced the 33" tires, changed the tierod ends, replaced the auto 4x4 locks with manual warn locking hubs, so my wheel bearings are new. Tire pressure is equal. What could it be>>>could it be my ball joints, but there is no travel just small steady pull towards the right>>>could it be I may have a defective calliper? Yes it does have a lift. Yes we did rotate the tires. Could it be a warn rubber joint in between the intermediate steering colume. How can I stop this pull to the right problem. By the way thanks for your help with my other questions.

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 2:06 AM

Im guessing it has been aligned? Is this a radius arm front end? If so check the radius arm bushings where they attach to the frame bracket, this is common and will cause a pull to the right. When a vehicle is aligned it should slowly "drift" to the right, that way if you pass out behind the wheel, in theory you will not drift into oncoming traffic

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 7:46 AM