2.9L V6 - VIN [T] -1992 Ford Ranger
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove air intake tube. Position No. 1 cylinder on TDC of compression stroke. Remove distributor cap. Reference mark distributor rotor and body, and remove distributor. Remove fan shroud, and position back over cooling fan.
2. Remove front engine mount-to-crossmember nuts. Raise and support vehicle. Drain engine oil and remove oil filter. On A/T vehicles, disconnect transmission filler tube and oil cooler lines.
3. On 4WD vehicles, disconnect exhaust pipes from exhaust manifolds. On all models, disconnect front stabilizer bar (if equipped). Disconnect and lower oil cooler bracket (if equipped). Remove starter motor.
4. Raise engine slightly. Place wooden blocks between front engine mounts and crossmember, and lower engine. Remove oil pan bolts. On 4WD vehicles, remove oil pump retaining bolts and lower pump into oil pan. On all models, remove oil pan and gasket.
1. To install, reverse removal procedure. Apply silicone sealant at front and rear corners of oil pan surface and cylinder block, and where timing chain cover meets the cylinder block. 2. Install oil pan bolts. Tighten bolts in 2 steps to specification using specified procedure. See Fig. 7. Refer to, at end of article, TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS table. To install remaining components, reverse removal procedure. Tighten bolts to specification.
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
Sunday, August 24th, 2008 AT 8:36 AM