ENGINE CRANKS BUT WON'T START, GOOD FUEL P

1990 Ford Ranger

mrpraeg

July, 22, 2010 AT 10:22 AM

1990 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 123000 miles

I have a 1990 ford BroncoII with a 2.9 v6 that cranks great but won't start it does try initially then nothing. Fuel pressure is good 40 psi, strong secondary ignition, have tested all of the wiring between the ECM and sensors and injectors. TFI ignition module tests good. With a noid light on injector connector it will only flash for a couple seconds when the starter is engaged then stops. Good power on positive side of injector harness and to ecm. Also exchanged a matching ecm with no change. The engine will run on either or if you pump the accelerator it will try to stay running without either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

July, 23, 2010 AT 12:37 AM

Hi mrpraeg, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Could be the injector ground driver on the white and tan wires open or an injector is shorted out dragging the rest down or an input signal to the computer missing from a camshaft or the crankshaft position sensor to synchronize the injectors

mrpraeg

July, 29, 2010 AT 12:03 AM

Injector wiring and injectors check ok. Where can I find the Camshaft sensor or Crankshaft sensor? I am unable to find any info for either one. Test specifications and locations would really be helpfull. Thanks in advance

July, 29, 2010 AT 12:54 AM

The crankshaft position sensor is tested with an ohmmeter. Generally the sensor will read between 300-350 ohms. Sorry no pic abvailable

There's no camshaft sensor listed for it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test