GARAGE BLEW UP MY PROBE

• assanowiczy
  • Ford Probe

Took 1995 2.5 24v Probe to local garage to fit new oil filter and oil change. THEY FITTED THE WRONG FILTER : (
Engine overheated, water and oil dried up. Engine now smoking - loads of back pressure in main raidiator hose - guess they have blown my engine.
Can I take it to Ford and insist that the garage pay the bill - I don't want to let those cowboys anywhere near it - if they can't get an oil filter right - they aure as hell aint gonne fix my head gasket/head or whatever else they have wrecked. :Shock:

Sunday, April 2nd, 2006 AT 12:23 PM

• losone

I don't know where you live but in this case see an attorney after you have a mechanic verify what was done wrong. Good Luck

Sunday, April 2nd, 2006 AT 1:52 PM
  • oilpan49

Ditto.

My apologies man! I hope you get things straightened out and that garage sounds like they own you a new engine.

If the filter was wrong, the threads shouldn't of accepted the filter. My guess is the filter went on awkward, they didn't care and just slap it on there.

I'm with losone, get a lawyer A.S.A.P and I hope all goes well getting this thing straightned out and see too it that the garage gets you a new engine and have someone else install it. Good luck man! -Op-

Monday, April 3rd, 2006 AT 1:05 AM