FUEL CUTOUT LIGHT

1994 Ford Probe

shadow246

August, 30, 2010 AT 4:24 PM

1994 Ford Probe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

The engine starts and runs fine, but the fuel cutout light is on and stays on. Can not find the reason why the light will not go out. I checked the inertia switch and it is fine. When I unplug it the engine will stop running. The wiring in at the switch is in good condition. I had a new transmission installed. Don" t think that would have anything to do with it. I have pulled out the dash and found no problems there. I have also checked the connection under the car just behind the fuel tank. Thought there might be a short, but again found no problems.
Hope you can help. I" ve ask other mechanics and had no luck.
thank You

August, 31, 2010 AT 6:33 AM

Hi shadow246,

Thank you for the donation.

The Fuel Cutout lamp illuminates when the fuel shutoff switch has been triggerred.

Check for shorts of White/Red wire at inertia switch located at lower left side of luggage compartment and try resetting/replacing the switch to see if it works.

Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i