1989 FORD PROBE

• moodman1024
  • 1989 Ford Probe

1989 Ford Probe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 173000 miles

My car will sometimes start with no problem! But if I were to turn it off and then come back no more than 5 mins maybe longer some times it doesnt start. Ive replaced the alternator, battery, and starter and all connections are good and in order. Any help?

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 AT 3:45 PM

• rasmataz

Next time it refuses to start do below

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 AT 4:49 PM