6 VOLT BRAKE LIGHTS

Ford

brasfield

March, 4, 2007 AT 4:22 PM

I removed an aftermarket turn signal set-up on an old 1949 Ford F-1 pickup, and reconnected (I think) all the proper original wires. All the lights work correctly, except that when the tail lights are lit and I step on the brakes, the lights go out completely until I let up on the brake pedal. The brake lights work fine if the tail lights are not on. I have tried changing the wires on the brake light switch, but it has no effect. Any suggestions? I am sure it is something relatively simple, but I'm stumped.

NOS

March, 4, 2007 AT 8:06 PM

Have you tried grounding the receptacle to see if it may possibly have a bad ground? 8) NOS

brasfield

March, 7, 2007 AT 12:06 AM

That was the solution - thanks!

NOS

March, 8, 2007 AT 8:25 PM

Would like it very much if you would vote for me for helping you out feed back is always welcome 8) NOS

M_H_RITZEL

March, 9, 2007 AT 1:55 PM

Check the bulbs, one could be shorting out, if they are clean and the bulbs are good, check the wires that go to them one is the tail light feed and the other is the brake light feed with a test light. If the wires are working all right, then check the ground on all the lights.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz