6 VOLT BRAKE LIGHTS

• brasfield
  • Ford

I removed an aftermarket turn signal set-up on an old 1949 Ford F-1 pickup, and reconnected (I think) all the proper original wires. All the lights work correctly, except that when the tail lights are lit and I step on the brakes, the lights go out completely until I let up on the brake pedal. The brake lights work fine if the tail lights are not on. I have tried changing the wires on the brake light switch, but it has no effect. Any suggestions? I am sure it is something relatively simple, but I'm stumped.

Sunday, March 4th, 2007 AT 4:22 PM

• NOS

Have you tried grounding the receptacle to see if it may possibly have a bad ground? 8) NOS

Sunday, March 4th, 2007 AT 8:06 PM
  • brasfield

That was the solution - thanks!

Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 AT 12:06 AM
  • NOS

Would like it very much if you would vote for me for helping you out feed back is always welcome 8) NOS

Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 8:25 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Check the bulbs, one could be shorting out, if they are clean and the bulbs are good, check the wires that go to them one is the tail light feed and the other is the brake light feed with a test light. If the wires are working all right, then check the ground on all the lights.

Friday, March 9th, 2007 AT 1:55 PM