1997 Other Ford Models Cruise Control

DUSTYSRV
  • 1997 FORD

1997 Other Ford Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have a '97 Dolphin motor home with a Ford 460 engine and automatic transmission and cruise control. Is there some way to convert the cruise control to just a throttle control? The problem is; when I am driving in cruise control and approach a hill I have to remember to kick out the cc in order to prevent the engine from slamming from 2500 rpm's to 3700 rpm's in a blink when the over-drive kicks out automatically. Usually I can anticipate when that might happen, but sometimes the incline is so gradual that the accelerator pedal is fully depressed before I realize it. I think a throttle control would be easier on the engine and tranny and on fuel consumption.

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 AT 5:34 PM

M_H_RITZEL

On the cruise control there are two wires that go to the downshift control. There should be a blue one with a white stripe and a green wire. Disconnect the blue one and that should keep the transmission from downshifting when the cruise is engaged.

Sunday, October 3rd, 2010 AT 2:28 PM