WINDSHIELD WIPERS

Ford Mustang

thaembassy

October, 25, 2006 AT 9:45 PM

I HAVE A 1996 FORD MUSTANG. I NOTICED THAT THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS STOPPED WORKING. THE ONLY WAY THEY COME ON IS IF I PUSH THE SIDE TO CLEAN THEM AND THEN THEY WIPE FOR THE THREE TIMES AND STOP. ALSO THE LEFT BLINKER IS BLINKING FASTER THAN THE RIGHT BLINKER. I AM NOT SURE IF THIS I RELATED TO THE WIPER PROBLEM. ALL THE BULBS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. COULD IT BE THE FLASHER SWITCH. AND FOR THE WIPERS COULD I CHANGE THE ARM ASSEMBLY?

catch_15

October, 26, 2006 AT 11:24 AM

If the wipers work when you go to clean the windsheild, you know that the motor is still good. That narrows it down to an electrical problem. Check your fuses under the dash and under the hood. Also, I wouldn't think a bad fuse would make one turn signal act up. Usuall when it blinks really fast, it means one of the filaments in the bulb is out and you need to replace the bulb.

Bruce Hunt

October, 26, 2006 AT 1:54 PM

One of the bulbs is out.

The wiper problem is probably in the switch itself.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes