STARTS WHEN IT WANTS TO.

Ford Mustang

ferby

March, 13, 2006 AT 10:16 PM

2000 Ford Mustang Gt (57k). A week ago it wouldnt start on the first try but it did on the second. A couple of days ago it took several attempts till it started now its at the point that it starts whenever it wants too. If I leave it for about an hour and try it again it starts. When it does, everything runs fine. On every attempt it cranks fine, but its the actual turning on part that is random. It has been quit cold lately. Fuel is going into the injectors and the battery has enough power.

rayhut

March, 14, 2006 AT 5:20 AM

Try and change out your coil that usually works.

peppermrj

March, 14, 2006 AT 8:48 PM

Do you have spark when it won't start?

ferby

March, 28, 2006 AT 11:40 PM

Please excuse my delay in response, I will check the coil next. One thing that I noticed is that when it does'nt start the " theft" light will stay blinking and when it does start the " theft" light is solid then turns off when engine turns on. When I purchased the car the dealer removed or disengaged the alarm. Could this be a possibility and if so how can I make shure its disarmed? :

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test